Buy and Sell Your Property with Advice from Real Estate Law Professionals

If you’re a first-time home buyer or an experienced purchaser or seller, real estate can be daunting. Allow Paul Conway’s real estate law professionals take care of the paperwork and legal procedures. We have extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law. What can we help you with?

  • First-time home buyers
  • Land transfer tax
  • Mortgage
  • Selling your residential premises
  • Buying or selling industrial or commercial premises

First-time Home Buyers

Qualifying for the land transfer tax rebates requires you to comply with specific requirements set out by the Minister of Finance. You must be a Canadian citizen and a permanent resident, and you must be 18 years of age and occupy the home as your primary residence within 9 months of the acquisition date. If you’re not a Canadian citizen, you have 18 months following the property transfer to become eligible for the rebate.

Land Transfer Tax

This may be the next major expense after purchasing your home. You can either calculate your taxes or consult us.

Applying for a Mortgage

Whether you’re applying for your first mortgage or refinancing an existing mortgage, you will be asked to provide your mortgage agent with documents including Notice of Assessment from CRA to establishe income, evidence of adequate fire/liability home insurance, government issued identification, void cheque and current banking statements. We recommend you work with a reputable mortgage broker because they are up-to-date with current lending trends. Several credit enquiries should be avoided as they can negatively impact your credit score.

Planning to Sell Your Home?

Let us guide you through the process. A few things that you are important to know:

  • Non-residents of Canada are subject to a 25% withholding tax pending clearance from the Canada Revenue Agency
  • Capital gains may be levied on sale of non-principle residences
  • Division of assets in the event of separation will be subject to the requirements of the Family Law Reform Act

Transactions for Commercial or Industrial Properties

We know that real estate can be complex.  We have extensive skills and expertise in corporate and commercial sectors, allowing us to deal with all transactions irrespective of complexity. If you would like to discuss your commercial or industrial sale or purchase transaction, give us a call today.

Safeguard Your Asset Legally

Offering legal aid for buying and selling properties

Call Us Now

Paul Conway

178 Main St

Unionville, ON 

L3R 2G9

Phone: 866-535-1354


Fax: 866-535-4517, 866-535-1354


Monday - Friday 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Saturday & Sunday: By Appointment

Other Phone Numbers
Paul Conway (Barrister Solicitor Notary)
Cell: 416-388-8634
Cher Moon (Paralegal)
Cell: 416-873-2437


Google review

Service Area

  • Acton

  • Ajax

  • Algonquin

  • Aurora

  • Bancroft

  • Barrie

  • Beamsville

  • Bowmanville

  • Bracebridge

  • Bradford

  • Brampton

  • Brantford

  • Burlington

  • Caledon

  • Cambridge

  • Fort Erie

  • Georgetown

  • Gravenhurst

  • Grimsby

  • Guelph

  • Hamilton

  • Haliburton

  • Kawartha & Kawartha Lakes

  • Kingston

  • Kitchener

  • London

  • Markham

  • Milton

  • Mississauga

  • Muskoka

  • Newmarket

  • Niagara & Niagara Falls

  • Niagara-on-the-Lake

  • North Bay

  • Orangeville

  • Parry Sound

  • Peterborough

  • Pickering

  • Port Colborne

  • Richmond Hill

  • St. Catharines

  • Sudbury

  • Thornhill

  • Thorold

  • Toronto & GTA

  • Uxbridge

  • Vaughan

  • Waterloo

  • Welland

Copyright Paul Conway 2021 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice